- Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) sets out rules and principles for the management of personal information by commercial organizations. Jobs4 services are made available to employers across Canada. PIPEDA applies to Jobs4 because it is an organization headquartered in Ontario, Canada.
- PIPEDA provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
- Jobs4 does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
Information We Collect and Retain
Membership Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site.
User Information, which generally includes the Membership Information, is used primarily to update you on the site and by email regarding new site developments and information about our services or those of our affiliates, to answer your questions and to provide you with services that you have requested.
User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site, to provide clients and business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our members and their preferences, including statistical information about the source of visitors, sales, traffic patterns and use of services.
Anonymous Information is used primarily by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. We may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to report information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors log in to this site).
If cookies are enabled for your Internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
We use the information we collect about you to deliver the products and services we offer, and to operate and improve our sites. Our services include the display of personalized content and advertising on our site or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may use your information to contact you about Jobs4 site updates, conduct surveys, or informational and service-related communications, including important security updates.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We only collect the information that we need in order to deliver services and benefits to you. We do not use techniques to collect personal information about you without your knowledge.
- We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
- We may, for example, collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
- We may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing Jobs4, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, is required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, Jobs4 will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
- We will generally obtain your consent electronically on our site. However, it may also be obtained in writing or verbally. In determining the appropriate form of consent, we will consider the sensitivity of and reasonable expectations regarding the personal information.
- We share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These third parties may not use that information for any purpose other than assisting us in providing those products and services.
- We will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide to us.
- Third party service providers are required to comply with privacy laws and principles comparable to ours.
Communication with Jobs4
If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
When information is collected from you by Jobs4 as a part of an online or email survey, unless you request to receive the results of the survey, no personally identifiable information is requested during such surveys and all collected information is used on an aggregated basis only.
Warranties, Disclaimers & Limitation of Liability
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented to on this website. However, Jobs4 assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Jobs4 may make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or programs or services described in this website at any time without notice.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this information is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not linked to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Jobs4 shall not under any circumstances be liable to any person for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from use of or reliance on the information presented on this website, loss of profits or revenue or costs of replacement goods, even in informed in advance of the possibility of such damages.
Portions of the website may contain commentary on or plain language interpretations of laws and regulations, which is presented for general assistance only. Opinions, commentary and interpretation are those of the author alone, and are not to be construed as legal advice. The official versions of these laws and regulations govern and should be referred to by the user. Official versions of statutes and regulations can be found on relevant government websites. For proper legal advice and interpretation, users should consult their own legal advisors. Also, material presented on this website may not be up-to-date or constitute a review of all relevant laws relating to a particular matter.
Reference in this Website to any products, services, processes, hypertext links to third parties or other information by trade name, trade-mark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Jobs4. Product and service information are the sole responsibility of each individual vendor.
Limitation of Liability
By transmitting any data or information to Jobs4 or any of its affiliates from this website, you agree to assume all of the risks associated therewith, including the interception of such data or information by third parties in any manner whatsoever, and you further agree that neither Jobs4 nor any of its affiliates will be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special loss or damage suffered or incurred by you, even if Jobs4 or any of its affiliates has been apprised of the likelihood of such loss or damage occurring.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so parts of the above exclusion and limitation may not apply to you.
Jobs4 will make information about its policies and practices relating to management of personal information readily available. Please direct any questions about our privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to our records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints contacting us below:
225 Bradwick Drive, Unit #1
Concord, ON L4K 1K7
All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.